Unique Student Identifier (USI)
In order to undertake Nationally Recognised Accredited Training with Kiama and Shoalhaven Community Colleges you need to obtain your Unique Student Number.
There are two ways to do so:
1. Create a USI yourself
- Read and follow the steps provided in the Student Information Fact Sheet
- Write down your USI and keep it somewhere handy and safe
- Notify the college of your USI number via email or phone as soon as possible
2. Ask the College to apply for a USI on your behalf
- Complete the USI Application Form
- Supply a copy for one valid form of ID from the list below:
- Driver’s licence
- Medicare Card
- Birth Certificate (Australian), please note a Birth Certificate Extract is not sufficient
- Visa (with Non-Australian Passport) for international students
- Australian Passport
- Certificate of Registration by Descent
- Citizen Certificate
- Once we have applied for the USI on your behalf, you will receive information from usi.gov.au either by email, SMS or letter (depending on your preferred contact method) with further steps to complete the setup of your USI, including setting up a password.
We encourage you to obtain your USI yourself as this can easily be done online. However, if you require the College’s assistance to obtain a USI our friendly team is happy to assist!