COVID-19 UPDATE 18/3/2020
March 18, 2020
Please find our latest update regarding Kiama & Shoalhaven Community College and Shoalhaven River College response to COVID-19. Our priority is to enable you to continue learning if it is safe for you, and the wider community, to do so.
At this point in time, Kiama & Shoalhaven Community Colleges are open and operating with some mitigating procedures in place for the protection of our community, students and staff. As we are all aware, the situation changes rapidly, sometimes daily, and you can check back here for up-to-date information.
We are reviewing daily the advice from the following organisations:
- Department of Health
- NSW Health Department
- NSW Department of Education
Decisions regarding the welfare of our students, trainers and staff will be guided by this information.
The health and wellbeing of our community is important to us, and we have implemented some precautionary measures as follows:
- the College is being cleaned and sanitised each night
- The College will sanitise all tables, and other touch points when setting up your room
When you attend your class, please follow standard hygiene practices.
- Please don’t come to class if you are feeling unwell. Stay at home.
- Self-isolate for 14 days if you have been overseas recently
- Self-isolate for 14 days if you have been in close contact with someone who has recently returned from overseas and displays flu-like symptoms
- Cover coughs and sneezes with an elbow or tissue
- Dispose of tissues appropriately
- Wash hands at the beginning of class and before you leave
- Wash your hands often with soap and water
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitiser
- Try and keep a social distance of 1.5m when possible
We understand and respect your decision if you would like to cancel or postpone your course attendance, or choose to not attend your class, due to COVID-19 concerns. The College will facilitate course transfers as well as relax the refund policy if your course has not yet commenced to make it easier for students to manage their study should they need to self-isolate. We will also provide flexible course delivery options, if appropriate, to support your continued studies at this time. Please note that this will not be possible for all types of courses.
NEWS: HSC SCHOOL LEAVERS
December 17, 2019
YOU'VE GOT THIS!
It’s that time of year when you’re making big decisions. We are here to help! If you have finished your HSC and looking for what’s next, our courses can launch your career and save you money!
If you are looking for:
- A Nationally Recognised Qualification
- Small classes
- Support trainers
- Afforable Options
Then this is the place for you! Our vocational qualifications assist you to gain your first job and are recognised by employers across the country. When you study with us, you receive the same qualification and government subsidies provided by TAFEs and other RTOs approved under the NSW Government’s Smart and Skilled program.
For a full list of our 2020 course offers download our 2020 Course Brochure HERE
For more information and to enrol, contact the College on:
(02) 4232 1050
Our 2020 course brochure is out now!
December 9, 2019
Our new brochure for 2020 is out! To view our new brochure, please click here.
Hair & Beauty open evening
October 11, 2019
Come and join us for the Hair and Beauty open evening on Wednesday 6th November from 4.30pm.
1 Mattes Way, Bomaderry.
Please CLICK HERE to view all of the details about the evening: