Video Calling & Staying Safe Online
Video calling is a great way to connect with friends and family as well as participate in activities, events and appointments from a distance. But should you trust the internet?
The simple answer is yes!
With the right tools and a few common sense precautions, you can protect yourself online. If you put security software on your computer and are careful about giving personal information to strangers, you should be just fine.
The aim of this workshop is to teach people how to use common video calling applications in safe and appropriate ways, and learn the basics of intenet security including what can potentially go wrong and the simple steps you can take to avoid them.
WHO IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR?
Seniors who would like to learn how to use video calling and test it out in a safe environment.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
In this workshop, participants will play with different video calling apps and learn how to:
- use video calling in different aspects of their lives
- make video calls to one or more people
- join and leave video calls
- control audio and video during a video call
- set up a video call to look and sound good
- practice perfect video calling etiquette, and
- protect their privacy and security online
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
An internet-connected laptop or desktop computer and an email address.
HOW TO ENROL
Register for this course via the ENROL NOW button below, or call our friendly team on (02) 4232 1050 to register now!
FREE* for Seniors over 60