Hair & Beauty
Diploma of Beauty Therapy SHB50115
Achieve your goal and aim for this highly sought after qualification.
This highly sought after qualification reflects the role of individuals who are competent in a broad range of beauty therapy treatments and services which include advanced facials, body massage, aromatherapy, hair removal, spa treatments, lash and brow treatments, nail technology services, make-up, and more.
All our Beauty Therapy courses are supported by clinic sessions held on a weekly basis. Clinic sessions operate as a simulated salon.
This is an in depth course suitable for those who wish to: manage a salon, day spa, or health retreat, operate their own salon, day spa, or health retreat, work in a hotel, an aesthetic medical practice, or travel overseas with an internationally recognised qualification. You will specialise in advanced beauty therapy techniques, and day spa treatments.
Applicants must undertake a core skills test to be eligible for this course.
• SHBBBOS002 Provide body massages
• SHBBBOS003 Provide body treatments
• SHBBFAS002 Provide facial treatments & skin care recommendations
• SHBBFAS003 Provide specialised facial treatments
• SHBBFAS001 Provide lash and brow services
• SHBBHRS001 Provide waxing services
• SHBBMUP002 Design and apply make-up
• SHBBNLS001 Provide manicure and pedicare services
• SHBBRES001 Research and apply beauty industry information
• SHBXCCS001 Conduct salon financial transactions
• SHBXCCS002 Provide salon services to clients
• SHBXIND001 Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
• SHBXWHS001 Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices
• SHBBBOS001 Apply cosmetic tanning products
• SHBBCCS001 Advise on beauty products and services
• SHBBMUP003 Design and apply make-up for photography
• SHBBHRS002 Provide female intimate waxing services
• SHBBMUP004 Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up
• SHBBMUP001 Apply eyelash extensions
• SHBBBOS004 Provide aromatherapy massages
• SHBBCCS002 Prepare personalised aromatic plant oil blends for beauty treatments
• SHBBSPA001 Work in a spa therapies framework
• SHBBSPA002 Provide spa therapies
• SHBBSPA003 Provide stone therapy massages
• SHBBSPA004 Provide Indian head massages for relaxation
Commences: Monday 29 July 2019, 9.30am-4pm
Attendance: Each Monday 9.30am-4pm & Wednesday 4-8pm until Wednesday 9 December 2020
Cost: $4230* [Normally $13,810] Note: You can use VET Student Loans to pay your feeψ.
Units: 25 units [13 Core, 12 Electives] May be subject to change.
Note: Student must purchase a uniform and training kits. These will be available from the College. Compulsory dress code applies.
Student will need to provide training models at times.
Entry All students must have completed Year 12 or equivalent or be able to demonstrate similar literacy and requirements: numeracy levels.
All students complete a literacy and numeracy test as part of our enrolment process.
For more Contact our Hair & Beauty Co-ordinator, Lillian Spence information:
In person: Shoalhaven Community College,1 Mattes Way, Bomaderry NSW 2541 Phone: (02) 4423 0351 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government. Subsidised Rate $4,230 (Full Fee $13,810) Vet student loans available due to students meeting eligibility requirements.
For more information on VET Student loans, please click here https://kcc.nsw.edu.au/course/vet-student-loans-for-diploma-courses
The census dates and fee period information can be found in the tables below.
Census dates and fee period details
You will incur your liability to pay tuition fees for each part of your course on the census day for that part of your course.
If you do not wish to incur a liability for that part of the course, you must withdraw your enrolment in that part of the course before the census day.
The census dates and fee information for 2019/2020 part-time Diploma of Beauty Therapy are:
|Unit||Name||Start date||End date||Census date||Subsidised fee amount||Full fee amount|
|1||Client and Salon Services||29 Jul 19||18 Dec 19||26 Aug 19||$1,410||$4,603.33|
|2||Beauty Treatments||29 Jan 20||29 Jul 20||05 Mar 20||$1,410||$4,603.33|
|3||Advanced Treatments and Services||03 Aug 20||09 Dec 20||28 Aug 20||$1,410||$4,603.33|
Census dates for flexible enrolments will fall no sooner than 20% of the way through each unit of study for Vet Student Loan courses. For flexible enrolments, the census and fee period dates will be advised prior to commencement of the course.
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government. Subsidised Rate$3,750 - $4,230 (Full Fee $13,810) VET STUDENT LOANS AVAILABLE Click here for more information
|Enrol Now||Starts Monday 29 July||Each Mon 9.30am-4pm & Wed 4-8pm until Wed 9 Dec 20||Each Mon 9.30am-4pm & Wed 4-8pm||Shoalhaven Campus|