Privacy Statement & Consent
Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, Kiama Community College Ltd is required to collect Personal Information (information or an opinion about you), collected from you, your parent or guardian, such as your name, Unique Student Identifier, date of birth, contact details, training outcomes and performance, sensitive Personal Information (including your ethnicity or health information) and other enrolment and training activity-related information (together Personal Information) and to disclose that Personal Information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER). This information may also be disclosed to the Department of Industry (Department).
Your Personal Information (including the personal information contained on this enrolment form and your training activity data) may be used or disclosed by Kiama Community College Inc. for statistical, regulatory and research purposes. Kiama Community College Ltd may disclose your Personal Information for these purposes to third parties, including:
- School – if you are a secondary student undertaking VET, including a school based apprenticeship or traineeship;
- Employer – if you are enrolled in training paid by your employer;
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies, including the NSW Department of Industry;
- Organisations conducting student surveys; and
Personal Information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
- Issuing statements of attainment or qualification, and populating authenticated VET transcripts;
- facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage;
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information;
- administering VET, including programme administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation; and
- pre-populating RTO student enrolment forms.
You may receive an NCVER student survey which may be administered by an NCVER employee, agent or third-party contractor. You may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au).
By signing this form, I agree:
The Department may disclose my Personal Information to other Australian Government agencies, including those located in State and Territories outside New South Wales.
The above government agencies may use my Personal Information for any purpose relating to the exercise of their government functions, including but not limited to the evaluation and assessment of my training, the determination of my eligibility to receive subsidised training or for any Fee Exemptions or Concessions. My Personal Information may also be disclosed to other third parties if required by law.
I also acknowledge and agree that the Department may contact me by telephone, email or post during or after I have ceased subsidised training with Kiama Community College Ltd for the purpose of evaluating and assessing my subsidised training.