What is Smart & Skilled? (S&S)
Smart & Skilled subsidies are now available for many of our courses.
Subsidies are available to any person that:
- Works or lives in NSW, &
- Is an Australian citizen, permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen, &
- Is no longer at school, and over 15 years of age or is a registered home schooled student.
Fee exemptions available for:
- Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Students who live or work in NSW and who receive a disability support pension including the dependent child, spouse or partner of a recipient of a disability support pension
- Refugees and asylum seekers
- Recipients of Fee-Free Scholarships
Fee exemption criteria must be met and fees will be discussed with you at the time of enrolment.
Fee Free Scholarships* available if you:
- meet the Smart & Skilled eligibility criteria and are receiving a prescribed government benefit; and
- are aged 15-17 and living in out-of-home care; or
- are aged 18-30 and previously in out-of-home care; or
- are aged 15 and over and have experienced domestic and family violence
Scholarships may be limited.
If you receive a prescribed government benefit, you only need to pay a concession fee marked with a Φ in the Course Directory.
Your fee may be slightly higher for a second qualification. Conditions apply. Smart & Skilled is a funding initiative of the NSW Government. Call to calculate your fee.